The 2013 tax season has come quickly this year, and we decided to gather some important dates to note for filing your tax return on time, or better yet, early. For more information, you can also view the full IRS calender of important tax dates. Please find some of the most important dates below:
April 15, 2013
- First deadline for filing an individual 2012 tax return.
- The return must be postmarked or transmitted for e-filing by April 15, 2013.
- To avoid late payment penalties and interest, the payment of any taxes you owe must be postmarked or transmitted for electronic filing by this date even if you filed an extension.
April 21, 2013
- First deadline for resubmitting (or mailing) a previously rejected e-filed federal return that was originally e-filed by the April 17 deadline if you did not file an extension.
June 17, 2013
- Deadline for US citizens living abroad to file individual tax returns and to pay any tax outstanding. Form 4868 allows for you to request a 4 month extension.
October 1, 2013
- Final deadline for self-employed persons or small employers to establish SIPLE-IRA for the 2012 year.
October 15, 2013
- Final deadline to file your 2012 individual tax return if you filed an extension.
- Last day the IRS will accept electronically filed tax returns for the 2012 year. If filing after Oct 15, you will need to mail in your tax return for processing.
Need help with your tax return? LedgersOnline can help you with bookkeeping and accounting experts on staff. Email or call us today 1-855-998-3041
Reliable accounting services for your business